View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #116
Argie's Wife

Default ...rudeness and name-callin aren't rights... (see the rules of this Forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Oh I don't know, I seem to recall it being written down somewhere on a piece of paper and titled 1st amendment. Since you're all about history and all, maybe you should read it sometime

Edit for those who don't know about free speech laws in post below: Go look up Larry Flynt

No value? I can find plenty of pictures from Bike Week that the webmaster would not even let me post that would prove my point. I speak the truth. If it hurts or hits close to home, not much I can do about it.
Go back and read my post - there's no value in being RUDE. It's beyond you to disagree and keep things civil, isn't it? I've read too many posts where you cross the line on the rules of this forum and begin name calling. You're welcome to your opinion and I've endured your argumentum ad hominem more than once; you're not welcome to be disrespectful. That's not what the First Amendment is about and that's not tolerated in this forum.

Your comments about specific groups based on demographics or fraternities is uncouth, at best. You offend the wonderful folks who live and work and post here, and contribute many positive things - including their own time, money, and resources to help others here on this forum and the local communities.

What have you done to make this community better other than offer your shallow opinion of it and its people?

There's no value in pointing fingers when you yourself live in no place in Maine that's really any thing to brag about. If you have a problem with Weirs Beach, then OOB and The Pier are very similar. If I recall, you're in OOB or Scarboro (or Saco?) - at any rate, really, you're in a glass house, when you think about it... (Maine is my home state, for the record.)

There's no value in baiting people with your posts like you do for attention - it's called trolling and whether you mean to do it or not, you are acting as a troll on this thread. You're getting negative attention from your offensive posts.

There's amazing irony in your reference to Larry Flint's case and the issues you seem to have with Bike Week, The Weirs, Laconia, etc., as you cite this as "white trash" and all that... Funny, Flint was no model citizen himself... perhaps he would defend the very problem that you cite with Bike Week as "freedom of speech".

Gee, suddenly the First Amendment card isn't so fun to play now, is it?

This thread is about the attendance at Bike Week last week. Many folks attend, follow the laws/rules, and have a great time. And yes, there's a few who don't follow the laws and aren't good citizens - that's true with any large gathering of people - Additionally, with Bike Week, some businesses profit, and some don't, unfortunately, from what's been shared here. Bike Week has been going on for 88 years - I don't think it will be ending anytime soon - so why waste your time? Maybe the local businesses can work together to do something positive and constructive for the event - a win-win. After all, you've found greener pastures and wetter lakes, right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post: