View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
fatlazyless

Welcome to this forum Ken. It's always good to get real people on-board as opposed to us knuckleheads hiding behind a made up alias name. With nothing better to do, I made it down to the PSU rink tonight for the three dollar Cheap Skate. As Joy Bayhar recently said on her CNN tv show: "Wait a minute! What type of an adult male guy goes ice skating by himself at night? Definately, must be a loser guy!"

The rink is real attractive inside and should be a good rink venue for hockey games, and I sure hope they sell beer at the games!

A couple friendly requests here, as long as I have your attention. It looks like the new PSU rink doesn't have any of those trainer supports made with four legs and a cross bar, upon which the user rests with their arms for support, while learning to skate. At the Waterville rink, they have about four small child, and four full size adult trainer supports and they all get a lot of use.

It looks like the new PSU rink has been using four sets of two plastic milk crates held together by plastic wire ties to make make-shift trainer supports for the small children, with no trainer supports available for the full size adults.

Is there any chance you could get the full size trainer supports like what they have at the Waterville rink for grown-ups who want to give ice skating a try?

Anyone looking to buy ice skates for less? The Etcetera Shoppe in Meredith has a big supply of 'like new' skates for sale on consignment. There's a big inventory of slightly used skates up on the second floor and getting skates that fit correct is about 3/4 of the battle in learning to ice skate.

About fifty skaters turned out for tonight's 6-8 pm, three dollar Cheap Skate with it split pretty even at 25 children and 25 adults, with what looked like about zero PSU students on the ice.

I have no idea how much one of those 3' x 6' advertising panels on the ice arena boards, facing the ice, costs for advertising a business, and there's about 45 ad panels sold, with about 15 vacant spots left and looking for advertisers. The businesses include a number of medical professionals, a number of financial institutions, the electric utility, some local businesses, and some nationals like Coke and McDonald's. Attention to any businesses such as Plymouth Wal-Mart, Rhymes Oil & Propane, Dead River Oil & Propane, Meredith Ford, Dunkin Donuts, Cumberland Farm, Fair Point Communication, Verizon Wireless, or Hannaford's looking to get on the PSU Ice Arena boards......you better hurry up because 75% of the spaces are already sold out!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 09-22-2010 at 08:31 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote