View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 01:10 PM   #44
Randy Owen

Default local and state law tuftonboro nh

Ask not what your town can do for you but what you can do for your town.
You might ask, where is the parity? What I can do for my town is simply ask it to follow state law, local zoning ordinances and stop engaging in unnecessary court actions. For the good of the town and protection of the taxpayer’s money; the Selectmen should enforce zoning ordinances equally or not at all.
State laws and court orders are for our protection. In our town a Superior Court Judge has issued a Stay Order and a Certiorari Order. The case involves Camp Belknap and an abutor whose property is going to be seriously devalued by commercial expansion in a low density residentially zoned area. Our concern today however, is NOT WITH THE MERITS, yet it is with our town NOT RESPECTING STATE LAW, LOCAL ZONING ORDINANCES AND A SUPERIOR COURT JUDGE.
The Judge issued a Certiorari Order dated 9/30/20 (212-2020-cv 00157). Camp Belknap and our town selectman ignored the order and began commercial construction/expansion in a residential zone. Camp Belknap filed a motion for clarification of the Stay Order WHILE IT CONTINUED COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION IN A LOW DENSITY RESIDENTIAL AREA. On January 7, 2021 the judge simply reaffirmed the meaning of state law and reinforced the order (no construction). On February 1, 2021, less than 30 days from the Superior Courts clarification of state laws and order, Camp Belknap again ignored the Superior Court Judge and asked the town for permission to break the law and our town Selectmen and signed a memorandum of understanding that supports the opportunity for Camp Belknap to ignore a SUPERIOR COURT JUDGE again.
For the record I am a tax payer in Tuftonboro and the happy owner of Farm Island with my partner and nephew who is also delighted with our purchase. Please know Camp Belknap pays zero property taxes to our town, avails themselves of town services, makes millions of dollars and allows the taxpayers to subsidize their existence. They told terrible lies about me to damage my reputation and completely falsified my families plans for Farm Island. With no regard for town taxpayers money they complicated/delayed my plans for the Owen family enjoyment of Farm Island. The camp triggered tens of thousands of dollars of wasted taxpayer monies for their benefit. They frankly tried to bankrupt me by triggering bogus actions all to spend my money and your money. Now they are doing the same thing on the mainland, ignoring state laws and town ordinances, spending more of your tax dollars while paying NOTHING!! We are confident that you, the Tuftonboro tax payer, have paid well over $100,000.00 dollars in legal fees over the past two years, for their frivolous lawsuits.
Make no mistake, we have no mission to kill Camp Belknap, but only ask them and the Town of Tuftonboro to simple respect the law and be considerate of their neighbors rights.