View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #31
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
I've stayed out of this particular poll and thread—and the "non-debate" that followed it—but now...?

1) Views aren't likely to be changed when Supporters' questions and troubling news-item facts are ignored, ridiculed, or "put on ignore" by Opponents, as recent activity at this SL thread is displaying. What's the purpose, then, of the closed-off "Opposer's Thread"???

With reckless disregard for NH's new law, it's like carrying on a jailhouse conversation—a healthy discussion can't take place!

2) Why have pages and pages gone on and on to describe one member's particular new boat (and its abused and broken engine), with not the slightest attempt to bring repair and repainting dollars to our Lakes Region?

3) One SL poll begins with:

The object of a poll is not to seek "different results" through multiple polls on the same subject!

4) A truly representative poll of Winnipesaukee could have taken one week: A poll that has been represented to reflect the views of Winnipesaukee-only members, has been allowed to accumulate "new votes"—for months!

5) Why have pages and pages gone on with "chat", when "chat" is not permitted here?

(PLUS a slew of other forum violations).

What is the relevance of repair shops and parts dealerships 11-hours-drive from our Lakes Region—to tourism, activities or topics IN the Lakes Region?

-->Anyway, this nation's largest Internet forum refers to any thread such as "My New—Anything" as an off-topic "Vanity".

(With total justification, IMO).
APS and those interested Please see my response in the proper thread. New Boat see you out there.