View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 05:51 PM   #8
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCT View Post
If your looking for a good way to keep mold and mildew from growing on your boats interior, we treat hundreds of boats with our patented antimicrobial! Typically 1 treatment in the spring before you put it in the water and 1 treatment in the fall before storage is all it takes to keep your interior looking brand new! nctnh.com 603-630-5377
Typical fear mongering advertising. Buy my product, or you will die!!! Really??? Two points: 1) we are ALL going to be dead in 12 years anyways from climate change... (NOT), and 2) who the hell believes anything that is said on the "king of fake news" cnn??? Pathetic. It may be a great product and does what it's supposed to, but I don't think we are all going to die if we don't use it... Just my humble opinion. When I store my boat in the fall, (I shrinkwrap and store outside on a trailer) for the winter, I change the engine oil and the outdrive gear oil, then I put all the cushions up on their edges, leaning on something, to help, (and keep) everything dried out. I also put a scented "damprid" moisture absorbent "pail" on the floor in my cuddy cabin, and one in the cockpit to absorb moisture, and then I put some scented bounce dryer sheets strategically placed throughout the boat to help repel rodents. After the motor is winterized, (I/O) and cooled off, I spray down the entire engine compartment with wd40 making sure everything (except the belts), gets completely coated. I do the same thing with my outboard, spray wd40 all over the entire motor underneath the engine cover. It preserves rubber and plastic, prevents rust, and also helps to repel rodents. When you get to this time of year, hopefully, all you have to do is start it up, (wd40 burns off anything that heats up, so expect a little "smoking" till it's burned off), and then clean it up, and go...!!

Last edited by Cal Coon; 04-03-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote