View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #32
Descant

Thanked 1,508 Times in 982 Posts
Default Jet Ski !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Unless he gets hurt, Kawishiwi. Then there is no driver OR spotter to help. So that brings up our age old questions-how many laws do we need to protect ourselves? A lot I guess. SP, if you are skiing early in the morning with no traffic somebody should be watching to make sure you are ok. If you are skiing when there is traffic it might be tricky to maneuver. The up side is somebody would help you if you needed help.
I can go out on my JET SKI with nobody watching. Both machines have a shut off if I fall. In fact, the one that SP brought forward will circle back to the operator. A traditional PWC will not do that. Both have the same risk if I am injured.
BTW, if you read RSA 270 where it talks about jet skis, it refers to size, etc and then says... and similar devices. I think this is already covered.
There would be restrictions in small coves where a PWC has to go at headway speed to get to open water. Head way speed for a skier can be very tiring, and you have to do it outbound and on return. This is a great option for those on a 300-1000 acre lake, and certain areas of larger lakes.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote