View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #54
AmericanBoatClub

Default Season 5 on the way

Hello all,
Just checking in to give everyone an update on the club. We are heading into our 5th season. We have 6 boats in the fleet of boats and will be continuing to add more. We have 3 searays and 3 Berkshires. We have learned a few do's and some don'ts when it comes to the boat selection, and up fit. Interesting I think a few of these would probably apply for your average boat buyer so I will share a few of those discovers later on.
The club is still using an updated version of its original custom software from w4o software. It will run on popular Web browsers and there is a mobile solution as well. So you can book a boat from the beach. We have seen some very interesting statistics show up on boat utilization. The craziest being nearly half (~45%) of all reservations result in a cancelation/no show. I think this speaks to the nature of boating in general, we all have visions of boating every weekend but the reality is something else gets in the way. This creates opportunities for other members to use that boat on a walk in bases and it works great.
A couple of things we have learned.
Don't get carpet on the pontoons, never dries out.
Don't get counter rotating props(very expensive dings)
Get aluminum props
No matter the horse power of the pontoon it goes ~20mph, (we don't have triton yet)
The pontoons slowly recruit every member and become the club favorites.

Thanks
Kurt
AmericanBoatClub is offline   Reply With Quote