View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #67
OCDACTIVE

Onlywinni you hit the nail on the head.....

I again have to ask those who are in favor of the limits:

"Have you ever been in a performance boat??"

It is apples and oranges.

Also, those of us who have a passion (and of course every group has exceptions to the rule) but for the majority of us the last thing we want to do is upset anyone or put ourselves in a bad light. Not to mention screw up our dream toys.

I have waited over 15 years to be able to get this boat, I want to use it, I want to use is Safely, I want others to enjoy it, and by all means I don't want to ever put a knick on it no matter have an accident.....

I am phanatical about the 150 foot rule as well as playing it safe.

If in doubt "Stop". That goes for anyone at anytime driving a powerboat.

It always comes back to the question is it that you don't like speed? or you just don't like those individuals who do like speed? It is really an upsetting and discriminating if you think about it.

On numerous occassions I have read that the answer is for those of us who enjoy going over 45 mph that we should go somewhere else: another smaller lake, the ocean, etc.

Why should I, someone who boats safely and has lived on the lake for 30 years in one way or another, have to sell, pack my family up, and go elsewhere to use my toy in a safe manner.

It's just a shame that those who don't understand continue to pass judgement and make false assumptions that effect those who are not part of the problem but part of the solution.