View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 12:08 PM   #15
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts
Default Web site presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopcharged View Post
Not sure how I might pull that off, but thank you for the heads up. For the record we are located in Tuftonboro, NH. In the old "Techni-Coil" building.
Your webmaster may have some ideas. If I didn't know your "Lighthouse" name, I would Google something like "boat restorations NH". See who comes up, (Unique in Moulton borough) and think about how you can rise to the top of the list. Reserving several related domain names may help. If you want to do cars or things other than boats, you may want to repeat the process so your name comes up if you Google "old cars NH".
I like to do business locally, so I find it irritating when web designers think they are part of the international internet and don't need to publicize location. I want to see a location and phone number right up front. I also want to see an email address, not a fill in the blanks email contact. If I send an email, I have a record. If I fill in the blanks, no record, no way to know when or if the msg was received.
Enhancing your internet presence is cheap and you don't have to change your business registration with the state, etc.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote