View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 02:56 PM   #52
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Verified -- I am running off same account for houses in both MA & Gilford.
My original question was about the future pricing which is "per home". I agree that with the current pricing you can have up to 3 locations on the same account. The current situation from the Nest support site :

Quote:
You can have up to three homes in total in the Nest app at any given time. For instance, you can add a vacation home or your business as a second and third homes.
You can be the Owner of one or all homes in the app (such as your main residence and a vacation home).
You can be invited to access one or all homes in the app. When you accept an invitation from someone to access their Nest home, that home will automatically be added to the app.
Don’t assign Nest products to the same home in the app if they’re physically installed in different homes. This can cause problems with Home/Away Assist, which depends on your products being able to sense whether someone’s home.
If you need access to more than the total number of homes allowed in an account, you’ll need to sign into the Nest app with a different email address. You can sign in with as many different email addresses as you like. You can then create or accept invitations for up to three homes for each email address.
With the current pricing you pay by camera so Nest/Google does not really care where they are.

With the future pricing of $120 "per home" I suspect that Google may actually care where they are. It would be easy for Google to tell that a camera at a different IP address is not in the same "home". I'll have to wait and see.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote