View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 12:28 PM   #34
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
Nest subscription pricing:

I currently have two cameras at home with 5 day 24/7 video recording. It has cost me $50 each or $100 for the 1st year. Some say that it should have been $50 and $30 for the 2nd camera however the actual charges were $50 each.

I do want 24/7 video recording and the one choice for the new pricing will be $120 a year, a price increase for me. OK it is 10 day video but 5 was fine for me.

In my situation it looks like the beak even+ point is 3 cameras. Looks like Google wants to sell more cameras.

I have beeen thinking about adding a camera at Welch Island. The new $120/year pricing is quote "Per home (as set up in the Nest or Home app)". So this 3rd camera would be on my same account but in a different wifi and a different IP address. So I am wondering...............
Go for it on Welch Slick! It’s awesome being able to keep an eye on things and seeing all the wildlife that comes to visit during the winter!

The only thing I would recommend is to plug your router into a timer that turns off for a couple minutes a day. This acts as a reset when you can’t be out there. I have been doing this for a few years now successfully!!

Dan