View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Maybe off season, I use to love the lake a decade ago. I'd rather boat Wiinisquam on weekends during the season. Winnisquam is a must better lake.

The problem is that when there is a casualty, a certain group of people wants to public to believe speed is the issue. In reality it is a bonehead move. Leading the public to believe there is nothing wrong with the current law enforcement.
Hummm,,,

Apples to oranges,,,

Hard to say one is better than the other, they are just too different. Winnisquam is much more quiet and calmer water overall, but lacking all the destinations of Winnipesaukee. My wife and kids enjoy trips to Alton, Wolfeboro, Weirs, etc. And as many pit stops as we can fit into a day. Well leaving reasonable time for sandbar action!!!

But seriously, our day might include a morning pit stop in Wolfeboro for cookies at the Yum Yum shop. Then maybe some tubing followed by sandwichs from home on the Weirs dock, or a slice of pizza or Harts Slush at on the boardwalk. Next some sandbar action somewhere and rounded out by an ice cream in Alton before packing up for the trip home and a burger at Sawyers. Now thats a GREAT day!!!

You cant do all that on Winnisquam,,, Not that Winnisquam doesnt offer a lot, they are just not equal in all respects.

Both good, but different.