View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #87
sa meredith

Default One question.....

I have one question, and only one. Please answer this, Skip, Parrothead, Twoplustwo, GTO, anyone else who cares to. And please, stop and think carefully before responding. Also, it is just a question. There is no "hidden adgenda" here AT ALL!
The question:
Yes, the event was illegal, and yes, important emergency resources could have been put to better use, as oppossed to responding to this foolish thing.
But I don't put it in the catagory of a blatant dis-regard of the law. And further, I don't think the guy should be ripped apart on this board by you folks...now the question...
If it turns out (and we will know soon), that Erica Blizzard was driving her boat "very drunk", and therefore performed an illegal act, and took the time of emergency responders, who could have been needed elsewhere, are all you fine folks going to point that same high power of perception at her, and rip her up on this board? I'll take a daytime skimmer, over a drunk night time boater.
Do I smell double standard? Maybe too early, but time will tell.

In fact, Towplustwo, you say "let the kid dumb kid sink". If it turns out she was drunk, can I expect a post reading "let the drunk girl sink?". Just a question.

Last edited by sa meredith; 08-05-2008 at 10:33 AM.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote