View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #20
Rich

I'll be happy to show you the Equinox if you are interested. I'll be in Gilford this weekend and I'll bring it with me. Send me a PM if you would like to meet, perhaps with your phone number, name and a good time to return your call.

So far, every time I have turned it on and hunted a bit, I've found something useful if I was at a location that had the chance that people were there in the past from pennies, to nickels, and up. By 'useful' I mean other than nails, screws, bobby pins, bottle caps and scrap iron.

I found my first piece of jewelry yesterday, 8 inches deep in hard dirt. At first I thought it was a scrap bit of bailing wire all balled up, and I almost threw it out. But I put it in my pocket, and after looking at it again when I got home, I realized it was some sort of jewelry that spelled out someone's name (some sort of pin or broach). It's not magnetic, but I'm not sure what the base metal is, but it looks like silver plating at least. It's certainly not anything valuable, but still a cool old find.

To me, my results are very good so far, considering that I've only used it three times so far for a total of about 3 hours, and this is the first time I've ever played with one of these devices. I have a lot to learn.