View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 10:20 PM   #15
BoatHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
What bugs me is that a lot of the food we eat comes from China. I don’t want to eat Chinese tuna or put my face on a Chinese made pillow or mattress. I don’t think they have the same protections in place and I don’t trust that we’re getting safe products. We bought our new Whirlpool refrigerator because it was made in the US. Same with our family room furniture. We didn’t buy from Ippolito’s (didn’t find what we were looking for) but they’re advertising their furniture is made in America.
If it is sold in the USA, it needs to conform to US laws and code.

As for some electronics(Cable Modems for example), US companies are moving production out of China to places like Vietnam or Indonesia to avoid the tariff. Until the move is complete, the tariff is passed directly to the consumer. Not 100% sure, but I believe the next round will include iPhones. Could give Samsung and other non Chinese manufactured products a big advantage.

The Tariffs will certainly hurt the China economy, but it does not mean all products will be made in the USA nor do we want to have that happen. It is good for Americans to be able to buy goods from around the world.
BoatHouse is offline   Reply With Quote