View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 02:25 PM   #13
Dtodt223

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
1st get the Hull ID# and that will answer all your question about what the boat really is. I agree with someone else here looks more like a Wellcraft 180 SL.

Woodsy, is pro survey, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that idea. Although dependent on the price point, you never know... Although if the Guy thinks its a glasstron and its not, I would start to become skeptical, and think about a survey just to be safe.

Now onto the question of an 18' boat being safe on Winnipesaukee. that all comes down to personal preference. I see no problem with it. I have a 18' Four Winns, and have used it in all types of conditions. And I have only been mildly concern about safety once. And that is because of wind direction, and my destination. I was having to take some waves at an awkward angle for a short period of time. With good freeboard, and a wide hull I find my boat very comfortable in most of the conditions Winnipesaukee offers. Your experince, and comfort levels of what determines how safe you are. Most people would say you 20' boat is to small, and your only giving up two feet.

I think your bigger concern should be is the I4 engine, going to give you the performance you want..... because I ski and tube etc. my 18' has a 305 V8.... if I wasn't tubing and skiing I would easily see a V6 being very practicle, and honestly as time has gone on, and tubing and skiing has become less of a priority, I could see an 18' being desirable. However the I4, while it will move the boat, isn't going make it much more then a pleasure cruiser in my opinion.... I would be more concern about the lack of power, then the length in this case.
Thanks to you and everyone else that chipped in. My 20 footer definitely rocks pretty crazy on a sunny summer saturday. I also can't go over 10mph in the chop without bashing the hull. I think the wellcraft scares me because it looks like the boat is shorter, especially the floor height inside.

I'm going to hold off on this trade based on everyone's opinion about the boat in winnipesaukee and hope my 89 ebbtide lasts another year or two. unless I get a better I4 mid 90s trade offer.
Dtodt223 is offline   Reply With Quote