View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #39
Bostonian

Nothing like Internet Message Boards to chime in... So I will put in my two centers.

While I do not live at the Weirs, my family has been coming up to the lake to vacation for 3 generations. Currently, my family owns a house near Gunstock, and let me tell you it is depressing to go up there. Whether it is the Gunstock Inn sitting idle (which now appears to be changing), to the Surfcoaster rotting away to now the Weirs Beach Waterslide being torn down and lot after vacant lot popping up along the Weirs. It is an embarrassment...

Echoed in a previous post, the City of Laconia needs to step up and have the entire stretch redeveloped focusing on the natural beauty and create a destination to visit. Having a 4 star hotel, quality restaurants (not the greasy putrid gringo), entertainment that draws all walks of life and of course focus on the natural beauty of the lake is key. I want to be able to showcase the greatness of the Weirs, but instead we have nothing but a rundown empty strip that drives away people who want to spend money there.
Bostonian is offline   Reply With Quote