Thread: Got Boats?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #82
Boater

Default Re: My Conclusions

You're right Sammy, the responses of the pro-offshore (for lack of a better term) posters do nothing but reinforce my opinion of offshore operators as arrogant, selfish and testosterone driven bullies.

I've tried to keep an open mind while re-reading this thread and was hoping for a little back and forth debate on the offshore issue. Instead it mostly went like this: A family in a small boat expresses concern about their safety and the response is "you're just jealous". Huh?

No one even mentioned banning or anti-offshore legislation. Some people were just trying to voice their concerns and hopefully get some kind of reasonable response that might allay their fears. Instead they are usually shouted down, insulted and dismissed by what seems to be the same few people. This has been a consistent pattern for the year or so I've been reading this forum.

Incredibly, Lofty actually cancelled his vacation at the lake just because a few worried people on this forum had the nerve to express concern. Apparently, ANY concerns or negative comments about these huge, noisy and overpowered boats is enough to make him take his toys and go home.

So my mind is made up, you offshore owners are an arrogant bunch of bullies and my concerns are justified.