View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #76
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
I don't think it's wise to charge for appliances and small amounts of demolition.....anyone on tough times is going to dump in the woods......or even worse, in the lake. I found a dishwasher dumped on our road last summer and took it to the Meredith transfer station.....I explained the situation but the attendant still charged me. Every spring we take my tractor out to collect bottles and cans beside the road........In case anyone wants to know, Bud lite and Mikes Hard lemonade are the favorites of ice fishermen. We usually get 3-4 bags in 2/3 mile of road.
I hear you about the Ice Fisherman Sam....... Appearently two or three years ago my camp was a nice vantage point from which to over see their tip ups.... When I arrived after the melt, I found a few cases of empties on my deck.....

Now I will say this beside the empties I found there was no other evidence that they had been there.... so although they left some bottles laying around..... they were not abussive in anyway......