Thread: What An Idiot!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #79
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
Holy cow, how can you still not see what I am saying when I have stated explicitly that I didn't hold laserp unaccountable in his actions. He probably is. But note how I said "probably. " The problem is you are making a lot of assumptions and then stating your conclusion as fact. You argue that laserp said it himself, giving snippets which can be interpreted a couple of ways, but stating your interpretation is the correct one. My biggest issue is with you stating AS A FACT that he didn't look behind his boat for 5 minutes. HE NEVER SAID THAT...THAT'S YOUR READ ON IT.

I brought up my tech writing past to illustrate the importance of looking at what you're reading from all angles so that if it is ambiguous in any way, you need to get clarification before coming to a conclusion. I am explaining my method of analysis, not getting into a pissing contest, if that's what you assume I was doing.

So holy cow yourself. My point is simple. A reasonable person can deduce from the statement that lp made a little mistake. NO BIG DEAL. Relax about it. My bigger point is that his post was OFFENSIVE when he himself was PROBABLY, and IMO based in MANY years of boating, ACTUALLY at fault himself. Formula was wrong lp was wrong.

He called the other boater an A##HOLE AND THEN:

The lake is full of morons on the weekend, with boats that they buy to compensate for their manhood. Can't handle them.

All extremely offensive. Where is the outrage?