View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 05:20 AM   #421
ApS

Cool "Renters" equals "Local Economy"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Do you grant a tiny percentage of your place to renters?
No, but any alloted percentage would expire in 14 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
APS, you must have been a political operative at some point based on your incredible ability to spin the facts.
I may have been in the company of lawyers for too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Temporary residents are also more likely to obtain temporary boating licenses (by answering 10 stupid questions asked by greedy marina owners), and are also more likely to cause the "bleeding" that you so readily mentioned. Where's the outrage now?
1) Who hasn't rented a boat?

2) No amount of testing can correct "splitting the difference" at high speeds in Unsafe Passage situations.

3) Can one raise oneself up by demeaning others?

4) Can the questions be "stupid", if they are drawn from the test we take?

5) "Temporary" Resident? None of us are truly "Permanent": none of us are going to get out of "this one" alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post

Interestingly, on the Wolfeboro forum you start a thread titled "Visitors" will make July 4th weekend scary
. By "visitors" you refer to people from MA and other out of staters and discuss them with disdain. But now when you need them on your side you are very welcoming of their presence on the Lake!
Nowhere did I mention MA visitors.

Here, the "visitors" I refer to are merely trying to get from one side to the other at Barbers Pole—a narrow channel.

Quote:
Where does an RSA state that SEASONAL SHORT TERM RENTERS are residents?
Nearly every boating renter is "short-term", on a lake with one season.

What happened to,
Quote:
"The lake is for everybody".
Quote:
Your plea for quality of life is very appropriate and right in line with the need for a new RSA that would prohibit short term rentals on island properties unless there is a state approved septic system. Rental property septic systems are the most overloaded and can create severe health problems. As you certainly are aware, island rental properties, especially those close to the water, are extremely prone to discharging pollutants into the water from old overused septic systems. Since you seem to be so concerned about quality of life issues, please provide the date and DES approval number of your island septic system. This information will let us all know that you truly care about the lake and are not simply pushing your own personal agenda.
I believe that all the "NH-approved" septic systems are inadequate to protect the lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Using APS's logic, every hotel guest is a resident. Which means I can vote in about 37 elections. Maybe he believes we are all just citizens of the world.
I don't think there are any hotels at Barbers Pole channel.