View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 08:51 AM   #15
jenfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
It would be interesting to see which services you subscribed to that jacked up your price so much. My charge for cable TV went up (June to July) from $67 to $82 but the internet price remained the same, so my total bill was about $15 more. Perhaps you are renting a lot of on-demand movies? With your cut-cord streaming strategy, can you get the Patriots' football games? At what cost?

Anyway, the good news on DSL is Consolidated has upgraded equipment in M'boro so that some can get as much as 80 Mbps. That's not Spectrum's minimum of 100 Mbps, but is a lot more than DSL offered before. They've shared a map of maximum speeds per household across the town. About half the town can get 25-80 Mbps, a quarter are in the 10-20 Mbps range and another quarter in the "up to 7 Mbps". Hopefully this will continue to improve.
Lakegeezer: I get your question, it was shocking to us as well. We had a bundle package with basic cable channels, a home phone and medium speed internet. We had our service placed in vacation mode and when we turned it back on, my first bill was $296. We don't have any premium channels and don't buy any on damand tv. We were informed that we no longer are eligible for the $110 bundle package so we were automatically charged the full price for all three services. We negotiated with Spectrum at that point (July) for a $170 bundle. That still didn't sit well so we cut the cable and now just stream from an Amazon FireStick.
jenfa is offline   Reply With Quote