View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #24
MGWillia

I don't have a dog in this fight... I'm not back there YET. But I do enjoy reading along. I'm not a huge fan of noise, but it is what it is. And though, in my youth, I had more "boating" events in my life, I am not currently a boat owner. But I have seen a similar trend to another life experience that bugs me personally. Motorcycles. Know, I have NO problem with someone owning, riding, enjoying the fruits of their labors in the form of personal property. The thing that "annoys" me is when they sit and rev. I noticed that was a "thing" for some of the posters here, inasmuch as some "loud" boaters sit at idle at the docks. Same with drivers who feel they must share their car radio with the rest of us. A boat, screaming along at high speed, showing its technological prowess, is awe inspiring. Watching someone cruise away down the road on a big bike speaks to freedom. Ride on... But when you stop, remember the rest of us, just might not enjoy your joy as much as you do.... I believe I would second the poster who asked that they kill the engine as soon as practical after docking. Like I said, no way as informed as the rest of you on the boat side of things. But at some point, while enjoying our personal freedoms, I think it is reasonable to think of others and their enjoyment. (guess I should skip bike week...) Thanks for letting me play along.