View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 01:27 PM   #170
rocket21

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Having the ability doesn't change the financials... and whether it is all leased, or just portions, the food and accommodations part will need to be on the table. The campground should be seeing net positive revenue... but the only way to expand that is horizontally over more acres... while the hotel would go vertical. We may see it at the lodge rather than the peak... but without disrupting operations, that would be really hard... and a very complex lease.
I'm not understanding the first part of your message.

With regard to existing and future operations, as well as the campground, this has been encountered before. Mt. Sunapee also has a campground. I don't believe slopeside lodging in the park was ever a consideration with the lease.

I don't understand the push to build a hotel at Gunstock. What is the point of having a county-operated mega-resort? Doesn't Gunstock better serve county residents if it's an affordable, accessible, minimally-developed day-area?

I certainly get why certain developers would like to build a premium hotel up on the Overlook, but should county land be used for that purpose?
rocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote