View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 10:07 AM   #107
StevenGilford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I realize the press and public opinion has been vilifying the county Delegation and in particular Reps Sylvia and Silber. I do not know Michael Sylvia but I know Norm Silber. Firstly, he is a GREAT attorney. Very sharp and effective. Secondly, he is a man of integrity. Yes, he is conservative and not shy about it. People have a hard time separating the person from his political positions. Bottom line is that he is a good man who wants what is best for his constituents. (BTW, he does NOT want to privatize Gunstock. My suspicion is that he didn't sign the pledge because he won't be bullied into it.)
Norm wrote a whole article about how privatizing Gunstock is his dream...

https://granitegrok.com/blog/2021/10/i-have-a-dream

I understand that for everybody there is a person vs. politics aspect, but I don't understand why people blindly defend the politics side because they like them as a person.

And note, when "selling gunstock" is discussed, it is always in the context of the operations as the land cannot be sold. So when he and others say "of course we aren't considering selling Gunstock" they are being extremely disingenuous.
StevenGilford is offline   Reply With Quote