View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #12
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nh View Post
Personally, I have to wonder why anyone cares what Sandy Point looks like. This is what I see - a FULL parking lot, weekend after weekend after weekend. They must be doing something right despite the old decor. Maybe they keep it that way on purpose. Everything else in the Lakes Region is changing and not necessarily for the better (see postings on the redone Wolfeboro Inn if you want to read how change is oh so wrong).

For my money, Sandy Point is one of the best seafood places around and I have been all around the lake. I prefer the Town Docks or Johnson's for a combination of food and atmosphere, but we stay in Alton and Sandy Point is the place to go when we don't feel like making the hike to Meredith or New Durham. If we want turkey, we go to Hart's. If we want burgers, we go to Tamarack or Pop's. If we want seafood locally, we go to Sandy Point.

'Nuf said.

nj2nh
and may I add, that if DRH gives the place a heads up, I'd bet on it!!

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote