View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #7
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

So Maxum and Sundancers have the most informative posts so far. each system is unique, and it hard to help, with out specifics.....

Beyond the pump and other related components, start by making sure all facet filters are clean.... especially if you don't have a filter. Every facet has one, and so does your shower head. They get block pretty easily when drawing lake water, especially if you don't have a filter.

Also look and make sure all control valves are wide open. Some times when you winterize or open the camp these valves don't get fully opened or closed as the case may be.

Last someone mentioned tanks... there are types of tanks... Not all are the same. On an older system you might not have a blader tank... Or you may have a blader tank, with no blader any more because it has been comprimised. Bladder tanks are very important in keeping pressure up.

No despite something that was said, a foot valve can have an effect on things....While its main job is to keep the system primed, what can happen over time, is that it become plugged, and gunked up. What this means is that it is operation, and does it jobs, but there is restricted flow into the system. I actually use a foot valve, that is for the next size line, to ensure flow is always good through the valve. This as some gunk etc. builds up, it doesn't caause much of a problem. Also is the foot valve siting on the lake bottom? if so that can cause problems as well for a variety of reasons... I use a float to help keep mine about a foot off the bottom.....

I help my neighbor all the time with there system.... and enjoy meeting people.... so don't be afraid for help, especially if we where to find out we where in close proximity on the lake.