View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 05:37 PM   #58
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam lodge View Post
When you look at the effect that all the new construction has had on the lake in the past 15 years it seems ridiculous to start legislating and nit picking all activities near the lake now. The new law will be circumvented or ignored because it is so ridiculous. I am all for curbing major abuses but it seems that most of the damage has been done and the slowdown in the economy has slowed construction. Laws are only made for honest folks. Dishonest people and people who do not care about the environment will find away around the laws, especially if they have money. You can already see the arguments about how to interpert the law here on the forum. I never cut a tree or moved a rock I did not have to. But many just cleared everything regardless of the consequence to the lake. I think the politicians in Concord have gone overboard and the Gov Council will overrule when their friends or constituents are involved. My own personal feelings based on 78 years experience.
It's funny you mention it, Sl. I think last time we had a recession the same thing happened. Just before they were all panicking, seeing what they could do to slow growth. You would think they would learn things go in cycles.

Yes, laws are only made for honest folks. The people in power have gone overboard. I wish they wouldn't forget who they work for. They are not the kings and knights and we are not the surfs.
tis is online now   Reply With Quote