View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
DRH

Default No Web Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
During ice out, DRH takes daily pictures from his beautiful lakeside property overlooking Sleepers and Treasure, but does not have a web cam, unless it is something brand new. I did check snakeeyes cam site to see if there is a link to DRH cam, and there is none. Do wish he would set one up though.

What say you DRH, do we need to start a fund??????
You are right, Upthesaukee, I don't have a webcam. As you explained, during ice-in and ice-out I've been taking a daily photograph with my camera and manually uploading each photo so Island Girl can include them on her Ice-In Watch and Ice-Out Watch web pages.

I've given some thought to having a web cam, but I don't really know where to start. I do like the "hi-def" web cams that some of the Forum members operate, but they are a bit pricey for my budget. I have a good spot to mount a web cam outside my house, but I don't have any means for running the necessary cable from the camera to my computer. Is there such a thing as a wireless web cam? I do have the means to supply power to a web cam, but I could not very well run a data cable from the camera to my computer. A wireless web cam would probably work well.

I would consider installing a web cam, but logistics and budget currently don't seem to be in my favor. Any suggestions?