View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 02:33 PM   #16
mswlogo

When I first saw the video (my wife found it on facebook) I thought of how you lake lovers would love to see it. Not argue over it.

I did think about it being a little nutty, but still kind of cool. They are going pretty slow and watching like a hawk. I think they genuinely thought the baby enjoyed it and perhaps naively thought nothing was wrong with it. Were we all raised by smart parents?

This Video popped up after the first one, of another baby water skier and they discuss the debate a bit here. It might lower the tension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fr9LlsvPzQ

We taught our daughter to water ski I think around age 9. I had to tie the wooden skies together because her legs were not strong enough to prevent from going into a split on launch. Even though she was a pretty good gymnast. She popped up in what seemed like 20ft.

We put our daughter through gymnastics. She could snap her neck at almost any time. And some do. Were we abusive parents? She did diving too and hurt herself pretty good a few times.

I didn't start water skiing until later. I got hooked on the lake life through dating my wife. So I learned around age 23. Love water skiing. I'm really kind of bummed it's not as popular as it used to be. Because I don't think there is anything quite like it. Nothing like a slalom ski on glass water just after the morning fog lifts in August behind the purr of the inboard motor pulling you with ease. You feel like you are flying. No blasting music needed.

Last edited by mswlogo; 09-22-2020 at 04:05 PM.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post: