View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 10:53 AM   #12
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar4401 View Post
It's obvious that you aren't listening to what Trump said at the start of the briefing. He said that after the drug briefing he would continue with daily Covid19 briefing. Why do you tune in if you don't want to hear what is being said? I realize a lot of what is being said is tedious but if you want the information, you just have to put up with it. The MSM was complaining not to long ago about no briefings and now their too long. At least he stays as long as there are still questions to be asked.
Actually, I did listen to what the President said. I tune in to hear the Coronavirus update, not to hear other subjects which may be important but not what I, and many others, expected to hear.

I didn’t tune in to hear anything else. As far as the MSM, I don’t normally listen to press conferences, but I do like to read about issues of importance. And the military operation is important...but not as the lead in to a conference dedicated to an existential threat to our society.

No matter how you spin it, this was a bait and switch political move. Of course all presidents play politics...but Bush did not begin his initial 9/11 addresses to the nation with an extraneous subject.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post: