View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #8
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Many times the used boat at a dealer is a brokered boat and not owned by the dealer. Although that usually happens in larger boats, it can be the case in almost any size. People may sign with a dealer to broker their boat but they still use it. Sometimes it is a situation where they want a new boat and they tell the dealer if their current boat sells they will buy a new one.

I bought a 34 foot boat in Alexandria Bay NY and had it trucked to the lake. After a test ride/drive I made an offer and the salesman had to go call the owner to see if they would accept the offer, and they did.

It has never bothered me to search a large area to find the right boat or used car. I have tried to stick with fresh water only boats and that has worked so far.

If you search a lot of places from Craigslist on Lake of the Ozarks to Boat Trader, Boats.com and other boating sites there are a lot of boats and good deals out there. In the search criteria I sometimes put the Chicago zip code (60606) and search within 500 miles to stay with fresh water boats.

If you find the ideal boat for you and get a great deal, the cost of transportation can become insignificant.
TiltonBB is online now   Reply With Quote