View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #61
NoRegrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracken View Post

.....The most discouraging aspect of the speed limit debate is the silence from the majority. I understand that the law doesn’t affect most people and it is easy to stay out of the way. I not only understand, I was one of you until 3 months ago.

The Lake has changed, and not for the better. Not to long ago on our lake every boater waved and smiled to every other boater. There was a bond among boaters, a bond that transcended what type of boat it was, a belief that more things drew us together than pulled us apart. That is the Lake Winnipesaukee I want to return to.

Thank you sir, well said. To add an opinion to this portion of your post I believe the silent majority is not focused on this recreational issue. They are working on making a living and the SL impacts a only a small population of a privileged few that value this sport. It doesn't make it right but it is somewhat unrealistic to expect non-boaters from winni stop what they are doing to rally to this cause. I do hope the political climate is changing or about to change and the small special interest groups get exposed in an unbiased media. (One can dream!).

The other point I copied about the acknowledgement of others with a wave. In the seventies all bikes waved at passing bikers. Today only the old veterans do. I think the fast pace has had a negative impact on the human aspects of communication.