View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 09:33 PM   #30
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
I can assure you I didnt make it up, and its not about how dangerous it actually is, its about who will be the next person to make money off the working man.

Dead panels are already being classified as hazardous waste, not by me, by local and state governments. Look it up yourself.

And there are costs to dispose of them NOW. AND those costs are expected to rise dramatically. It is expected to be a big industry, so if you are looking to make some money on this matter, run with this one!

In the end, I have no personal investment either way, I dont have solar panels and dont really care if you get it, but it is not truly green and it will cost you money on the other end if you keep them long enough.

Now if you sell out before there are problems, or you bury them in your backyard and dont tell anyone, you can come out on the right side of this, just dont tell me about it and then say you are greening the planet, thats just BS ;-)

In truth you can probably get away with burying lots of stuff. And I'm sure some here have had family that just dumped their sewer into the lake and maybe even their trash. Thats reality.

People justify all kinds of things, and people absolutely convince themselves of nonsense, so if you want to believe getting rid of old solar panels will never be a problem, or you will just bury them in the ground, well then best of luck to you.

For a group thats seems to make lots of overtures about going green and being green, there are a whole lot of shallow and strange and self centered perspectives openly shared here. Its an interesting bunch to be sure.
Sorry XCR, you are going to have to provide some links. I'm NOT disputing chemicals are used in solar cells that are harmful. But I am disputing that they are any more difficult to recycle than say a pc, or a cell phone, a tv... a car. Nor are they more dangerous. I'm willing to look at more data though. There is loads of BS that is driving the green agenda, countering it with more BS is not a solution. Pointing out that we have no other viable alternatives to fossil fuels presently except maybe nuclear is one way to counter the madness of shutting down fossil power generation before there is a replacement.

I'm not a green fanatic. I understand that without large gov't subsidies and programs that many green technologies, especially those in power generation, don't make economic sense and cannot be scaled to the level required to replace traditional sources of power. It's just physics.

Last edited by ITD; 07-26-2022 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Important word left out.