View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #4
Rich

I just purchased a used two-up sled. I also sold one last year in the early spring.

There are several dynamics here.

There is less of a market for two up sleds.
Once the snow is melting, it's the end of the season, so it's a buyers market.
The newer sleds are so much more comfortable, especially for a two up sled where comfort and a nice ride tends to win over performance minded thoughts.

As others have said, check the competition on Craigslist, dealers, etc.
Price your sled accordingly, honestly and lower than the others, and be prepared to wait for a buyer.

OR

Clean up and service the sled so it's ready to go. Store it properly and wait for the first snow next fall/winter and put it up for sale then.

When you create your online ad, be sure to write it up, include all details, good point, and fun, but don't lie or over do it. Be sure to include good clear photos. Your ad needs to look and read better than the competition.

I was surprised how quickly my sled sold last year, as well as my single place trailer. Heck, I sold the trailer for about the same price as someone could buy a new one, and the buyer came all the way from PA to purchase it and pick it up. I was very surprised, after the cost of fuel to come and get it, I'm sure he could have purchased a new one.

Anyone buying a sled at this time of year is looking for a great deal. If you're not offering that deal, it will sit around.

Good luck!

Last edited by Rich; 04-21-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote