View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 07:22 AM   #42
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
A true "barbershop" in my opinion must have the following 10 guidelines to get my business...

#1. It must have that red white and blue spiral sign outside. The bigger the better!

#2. If the word "salon or stylist" appears anywhere in the name, run as fast as you can!

#3. Copious amounts of hair must be all over the floor!

#4. A old poster on the wall showing all sorts of haircuts you would never get from from the 50's & 60's.

#5. Grossly outdated Life, National Geographic & Time magazines are spread throughout the waiting area.

#6. The barber, must be versed in clipper, buzzers and straight razor hair removal.

#7. If they don't offer to buzz the hair from your ears and nose or trim your Einstein eyebrows, they are not a true barber!

#8. The shop must have that large jar of blue liquid (Barbicide??) with all kinds of combs floating in it. Though I have never seen one taken out!

#9. A small grainy black & white television with manual dial controls only (NEVER remote controlled!!) showing reruns of the Beverly Hillbillies preferably Jethro's "Double Naught Spy epsiode!!

#10. A vintage coke machine with lever handle and pullout glass bottles of Coke, Moxie and A&W Root Beer for .10 cents in the corner!!

Did I miss anything??

Dan
Yes, you missed the list of such shops,,,

I'm 100% in you camp, but I NEED that list!

Now I'm just salivating thinking of that A & W (and I would settle for an RC Cola) and just chomping at the bit to see good ole Double Naught with his iron hat! Sure wish life was anywhere near as good as that today,,, Oh and a box of donuts from the old shop in Alton Bay next to the mini golf!

I'll be watching for the list ;-)
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote