View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 05:43 PM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Lumberock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
I am planning to build a 40 X 10 floating deck, adjacent to my house, that is just over 2 feet off the ground. I am not planning on any railings.

I priced out Lumberock (thanks Think) and was surprised by the expense and shipping cost so am looking into other options.

Any suggestions/recommendations on decking material? I am looking to keep the price low, but realize this is a long term investment.

I am planning to use pressure treated lumber for the frame as that seems to be the least expensive option - but again am open to other suggestions.

Any experience with decking material - and cost - is appreciated.
Have you priced other composites in comparison to Lumberock? A couple years ago I redid all my docks and decks at my island home with Lumberock. At that time I didn’t find it any more expensive than other “Premium” composites. I believe I paid $3.25 per linear foot + shipping for their standard 5/4 deck boards. I also bought some of their 2”x6” boards for my breakwater dock but don’t remember what I paid for that. I am quite certain and like everything these days the price has skyrocketed!

Lumberock is a solid HDPE composite that doesn’t fade or stain and is pretty cool on the feet. I think it’s a fantastic product! The only other product I would look at is Azek premium solid PVC line of composite.

Good luck whichever way you go!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 06-21-2022 at 06:17 PM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote