View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 08:04 AM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

I own and manage that CAM. I have been having trouble with the camera all winter and could tell it was failing. It kept losing its connection to Youtube and I had to keep reconnecting it and rebooting the camera, sometimes several times a day.

Fortunately I can manage my three webcams remotely. The pier is closed up tight all winter making any kind of on-site repairs there impossible. I cross my fingers every winter that no serious problems will occur. I've been pretty lucky for the last 23 years (the WeirsCAM has been running since 1999). I live 3 hours from the lake so remote access is very important to keep the cameras running.

Both the Flightcraft and WeirsCAM cameras are on the same network and have the same power source. The very old WeirsCAM has been working perfectly so I doubt that anything besides the camera itself is the problem.

A few weeks ago the camera finally died completely. I tried everything in my bag of tricks to get it going but nothing worked. It needs to be replaced and I have a plan, although it may take a while longer.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post: