View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #500
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
Nice olive branch. And you wonder why none of the supporters are accepting the "invitation"? Give me a break. You can't pretend to be our buddy one post and then insult us two posts later and expect any of us to take the bait.
Have fun at the Winnilaker's convention.

Supporters, don't fall for this rouse (sic). Don't be our "Olympia Snowe". This is just the trick that enabled Pelosi to call the Health Care vote "bipartisan".
The purpose of this meeting is obvious and the desire to have at least one of us attend is even more obvious. Let them meet amongst themselves and come up with their own "scofflaw's compromise solution" and come to Concord saying "Our need-for-speed group has a compromise that solves everyone's issues...eliminate the speed limit and return to the mayhem that saw boaters killing each other year after year". Then see how it flies.
I think plenty of Supporters know by now what you're all about El, and whatever screen name you had before. You depend on the Us versus Them to survive. The minute a suggestion for a cordial gathering was posted, I knew exactly what tact you'd take. I have given you credit for being intelligent and articulate. But you view this topic as a lifelong occupation (is it?). No room for middle ground, no handshakes, no listening, no common courtesy.

I've found on many forums, particularly those that deal with politics, particularly aggressive posters use Doppels to carry on conversations with themselves, when others have pretty much stopped. For those that actually read the links I posted as a follow up on one of your crash links, they know. Three people tried to do damage control on that one. I must admit, APS let me down by his contribution.

You'll be delighted to know Ed, that I'm monitored much more harshly than yourself. Five posts a day are only possible sometimes. I've had content edited, deleted, or forever lost in the abis. I keep copies, so I do get to read them to figure out if they went over any lines. Absolutely none are as confrontational as yours, and I don't post lies. So perhaps you should thank Don for the privileges he gives you.

But alas, this won't be posted?