View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 08:03 PM   #28
camp guy

Default Whole house generators

A lot has been said about generators, all good. It is particularly important to look at the "big picture" when investing in a generator. In most Towns, there are local building Codes which describe necessary permits for installation. Pay close attention to these. I particularly like the suggestion of buying the generator from a licensed, registered, etc., etc. dealer, and having the installation be done by an equally qualified and certified person. For the money you are about to spend, don't scrimp on installation.
After the generator is all installed, and the installer is gone, and the landscaping is all back in place, take a little time to reflect on the investment you have just made in your home. This is the time to think about some type of annual maintenance plan. The mechanics of a generator aren't like a Formula I racing car, but there is annual maintenance to think about.
Personally, the gentleman who installed my generator does an annual maintenance program which, if nothing else, gives me great peace of mind. Also, if my generator ever fails to do its job, I will have no qualms about calling him for service. His fingerprints are the only fingerprints on this unit, and he knows it. So far, so good, 5 years flawless operation.
camp guy is online now   Reply With Quote