View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 09:25 PM   #36
bigdog

Default Changing over from Pellet to Wood stove

I am contemplating changing over from Pellet to Wood stove, but have a serious issue, stove pipe extending above roof.

The current setup of the pellet stove, is positioned in the corner of my living-room. Stove pipe comes out the back of stove 6", then extends vertically up about 6ft, then goes horizontally thru inside wall to outside of house.
Works perfect for a pellet stove.

To change over to a wood-stove, I'd have to change-over to a 8" stove-pipe, and also cover my inside corner walls with 'Hardi-Board or Durock' cement board, as I would not have the factory stove clearances, from combustable walls.

The main issue I have is where the stove pipe goes through the side of house.
That side of house is about 20 ft high, maybe more, before I could get pipe to extend above roof-line. I actually have 2 roof-line, and a picture will explain. The first 8 ft pipe on side could be anchored down to the side of house, but then there would be another 10 ft that would extend, above first section of roof, to get above second section of roof.

See house pic. attached. In the picture you can see where current pellet stove pipe come through side of house of left, beside porch.
Interested in your opinions, if stove pipe installation is possible ?

Name:  House pic.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  135.6 KB

Last edited by bigdog; 02-08-2021 at 09:33 PM. Reason: photo upload
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote