View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #83
ApS

Default Parsing: To break down into component parts of speech...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
"...Is there a particular reason you like to piecemail many different posts then bring them together to make points..."
1) I'm not sure what you mean, but some of us use "parsing" to keep unrelated, excessive, verbiage out.

2) If you meant controversy, it's what brings viewers (and advertisers) to forums in the first place. The word "controversy" even appeared in Tuesday's fishing-poles discussion!

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...11&postcount=6

3) Don has put together a very sophisticated site for us: If this site doesn't load, it's only then that I check on one other (an even more sophisticated site) to check on blips within the Internet or server operability.

4) One example of this sophistication is a small box at the lower right corner of our posts here. You can click on several posts for your response, then click "quote" to answer all at once in a single post. (Just as I have done with today's response).

Most forums don't have this capability (including this country's largest forum), which has the advantage of keeping posters from "serial posts". (Answering one person in a single post, then another in the following post, then a third in the following post—and so on).

(You might know those posters by a much-less-than-complimentary term that can't be mentioned at family-friendly sites).

Although you have been extended a honeymoon-moratorium on a recent restriction—a maximum of five-posts-per-day here—"parsing" allows more information using fewer posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
"...Oftentimes I get so lost in the logic I get a brain cramp..."
...and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
"...I'll bet you have absolutely no idea how many acres per second your boat occupies on the lake at any given rate of speed do ya...?"
Hopefully, OCD can work out the Logic and does know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
"...Not only would the ticketee need to be in court but also the ticketor..."
Isn't this a bit premature? NOBODY (that we know of) has shown us a 2009 citation yet and we don't know what is written on it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
"...That will mean either alot of dismissed cases or the MP will be off the lake fairly often..."
Officers' appearances are scheduled to combine different court appearances by the officer during the same workday. Depending on the officer's activities, that day could include an array of a citations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
If that is the case Woodsy, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get the case INTO court! A month, 6 months, a year???
I think you're thinking of your civil court experiences where delays are the general rule. You might consider a "hardship" delay for traffic court—especially if from out of state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
"...OCD, didn't you know that APS was a member of the Warren Commission...?"
You have no idea just how close you were with that.

Shoot a PM to member Skip.