View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 05:50 PM   #58
birchhaven

I feel like somethings are just being glossed over. I thought this was a great deal for both parties but after hearing the debate took a step back and have new take.

I have always assumed Laconia had its docks and could reconfigure it's SF but not just add docks. I never thought they could just add a new Pier without acquiring more lake frontage (FYI, if you look at the permits for the new docks, sited a few comments ago it was tied to lakefront LF, anyone of us could do the same).

If adding a new pier at the Wiers is on the table. A commercial dock to be leased to multiple commercial companies is a great idea. The city could have it be part of the reconfiguration of the docks, get some federal "free" money to help pay for it. The dive could simply sign a lease for it at market rate and so could other vendors. Like the Tiki Boats and who knows what else. This would be a great example of the government helping spur new Business rather than hinder.

Also, a pier with the Dive, the Tiki Boats, and a few other commercial startups on it would be dam cool. The city would make money and it would breed activity. The dive would save 100k (it would cost more than that by the way), but they would be paying market value.

One more thing, I actually believe something like this would only help the gringo and tower hill.
birchhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to birchhaven For This Useful Post: