View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 01:13 PM   #26
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatHouse View Post
Out on Tuesday afternoon water skiing with the family between Meredith Neck and Bear Island when I stop to pick up a skier that fell when I see a boat going ~20+ MPH heading in my direction 20-30 ft to the right of my bow Shaking his fist at me. I was stopped long before he was anywhere near me as I had already turned around to get the skier and was pulling her to the boat with the engine off.

He obviously was mad that I was stopped in the middle of the bay...
He must have been talking to his friend in the boat after clearing the NWZ and coming up on plane heading south toward the Weir's when he saw me and felt inconvenienced that he might have to turn to go around me.

Unfortunately, I was too busy waving my fist back at him and pointing to the skier I had in the water to get his boat reg numbers.

Last I knew is as long as I am not stopped in a channel impeding safe passage for other boats, I can stop anywhere on the lake I want to. Even if I decide, I want to stop and have a sandwich, glass of wine or just jump in and swim. Not to mention if I stop to pick up a water skier.

And the spot I was stopped in is at least 2,700 ft from shore to shore and at least 3,000' from the NWZ. Should be plenty of space to have 150' - 300' from me and my skier.

Wish I knew where he kept his boat so I could go run my kids on tubes while he is trying to sit on his dock. I could then anchor off his dock and shake my fist at him... LOL.

Good news is nobody got hurt, but it would be nice if people would remember that boating on the lake is meant for recreational fun. That includes rides to Weir's, jumping off to swim, going slow past nice houses(with nobody using them), Tubing, Water Skiing, Snorkeling, just sitting in the middle doing nothing.
You are correct on all counts. There is no "no stopping/anchoring/relaxing/anything' zone on a lake besides the OBVIOUS ones you mentioned.
Bring a few beers, a megaphone and a slew of kids and sit in front of his place!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post: