View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 08:42 AM   #7
map

I have always had electric. Now that we are temporarily living in a rental in NY until our new house in N.H. is finished being built, it has propane gas (and for the hot water also;oil for the heat) and I hate it. The oven seems ok and we are big oven users (and microwave), but I don’t like the stovetop. Takes forever for the water to boil. Ruining my pots. The heat it generates actually makes the above range microwave get hot! Then there’s the cleaning of the stove top.

Then again , I am no chef.

I opted for an electric stove in our new house in N.H. although I could have had propane gas if we paid extra for the piping. The new home will be heated with propane.Not sure if electric heat would have been more expensive, but I don’t think it matters that much with a stove. Propane is expensive. We had a home heated with electric when I was young and it was nice and clean and easy. We supplemented with a wood stove. Small house like the one we are building.
We are going to get an electric woodstove for the new house since there is no room for a propane one.

At 63 I decided to stick with what I know.

Last edited by map; 11-15-2019 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Add
map is offline   Reply With Quote