Thread: The Dive!
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 06:13 AM   #232
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I lived 40 years on Lake Winnipesaukee, (family since 1892), the property tax went through the roof! I decided to sell the property on The Broad and moved to Lake Winnisquam. Peace at last and affordable. Personally Lake Winnisquam is a better retirement alternative and far better for boating on weekends than Winnipesaukee. Yes, off season, it can't hold a candle to the big lake, but year round Winnisquam has more value.
I had a cottage in Alton Bay on Winni back in the 70's then sold that and built a place on Winnisquam in the 80's.
I loved Winnisquam and looked for another place to buy there but we found a place on Waukewan, which we fell in love with. We've been there 5 years now and I don't think I would ever go back to Winni.
If something came available on Winnisquam in the town of Meredith that was reasonable I would consider it. But I was in Sanbornton and the taxes, just like Laconia, are outrageous, no thanks!
My brother inlaw has a place in Sanbornton with no beach rights, 1/2 the size of my house, 1/2 the size of my land and pays double what I pay in taxes in Meredith.