Thread: A Real Jerk
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #42
Belmont Resident

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
I would have agreed with you a few years ago. Have you seen any of the new ones they have now? Beautifully appointed with seating at least as comfortable as any boat I've ever owned or been on. And the ride...on a Saturday or Sunday, they handle the lake so well that my wife no longer hollers at me if we hit a wave. The grandkids can roam from one seating area to another, they no longer are confined to a single seat. And some of these pontoons can exceed the speed limit on the lake. Oh, and another thing, you step aboard, not climb in...a real plus as you get age challenged.
A very happy boater here with access to 2 pontoon boats, 2 bow riders and a small cruiser...thanks to the American Boat Club.
The higher end minivans have drop down video for the kids, plush seating, lots of room for people and cargo space, but it is still a people mover no matter how big an engine or how fast it goes.
No lines, no privacy, a deck on aluminum tubes with seating. (Really nice high end seating)
I’ve seen some of the really new and fancy ones that reach speeds in the 40’s and higher, they are really nice and comfortable but it is what it is and always will be a minivan of boating, there just is not anything sporty about them.
I was floored when I saw how much some of them cost now; you can spend upwards of 100K on a pontoon.
Personally I’d prefer a bigger sport cruiser and feel a lot safer during the thunder storms, have a place for a nap or to get out of the heat.
But from the talk around the lake they are the hottest selling item this year.
Whatever works to get you out on the water I guess.
To each their own, I am looking for one to convert to a work barge.