Thread: A Real Jerk
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 03:52 AM   #13
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbreeze View Post
I think your focus would be more productive for the violations of speed and careless operating and maybe BUI.
The last time I read the laws for migratory birds, the fine for killing a federally protected bird out of season, including a canadian goose is around $1000. You need to have the body of the bird and a witness present to get nailed. Geese are "protected" but sadly they are becoming major threats to the health of our waterways and overall ecosystems because they are not migrating out of areas they way they used to. Their dropped fecal material increases ecoli in the soil, on beaches and in the water column distroying the quality for the other creatures living in it and drinking it. Sooo encouraging geese to move on is good; but I don't think running the birds over is a way to control these dirty resident rats with wings.
In this case karma may be the only way to hope he gets his due. Maybe feathers got lodged in his air intake or filters and it will cause the turbo in the engine to blow apart. That has got to cost more than $1000.
Educate yourselves and Google the problems related to resident Canadian geese, although cute these birds are dangerous to us all if their populations are let go to multiply. More recently the FAA stated that the reason the airliner that crash landed in the Hudson a few years ago was caused by an engine failure due to a strike of flying resident Geese from the nearby areas.
I heard paint ball guns work well at making them not want to retrun to an area.