View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #37
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Thumbs up Nathans!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot View Post
... "Neight-inns"! Nathan's, Westchester NY, is the best big hotdog joint I've ever been to. It was where I first flirted with my wife almost 30 years ago. I like the Nathan's in New York City too but I think Westchester has more personality and definitely easier to get to. Savin Rock in coastal Connecticut had some good stands. There were dozens of tiny places from East Haven to Norwalk most of them ,I think, serving Sabretts. The "Greeks", I believe in Stratford, was my favorite small hotdog joint. It was amazing to watch how fast they were able to get the dogs out adding mustard relish and onions in seconds. Just watching them go was worth the price of the frank.

http://nathansfamous.com/PageFetch/

I am casting a vote for Nathan's also, however mine is for the Original in "Coney Island" and their second location in Oceanside , LI. I worked in Coney Island for six years (went ther at least twice a week for lunch) and lived in Oceanside for over 30 so I am very biased.

For many years the Oceanside location had a small amusement park much like Coney Island as a kid we went there on Saturday afternoons and they had movies and puppet shows you would watch while eating lunch and then went on the rides outside.

2 Well Done Dogs, Large Fies and an Orange Drink. Could go for it right now.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote