View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #19
hazelnut

Considering that I have a house directly across from the Barbers Pole this definitely concerns me. I posted it for a few reasons. One of them was that I was shocked to see this issue not being discussed on the forum. It seems that nobody knew about it. We never received any word from the town regarding any such hearing. My wife stumbled on the posting on the town of Tuftonboro website. It's like this was being snuck by without notifying anyone that is directly affected. Another reason I posted it is because I wanted to hear peoples opinions. I honestly have not made up my mind as to whether or not this is a good thing or a bad thing. Sit on my dock with me one day and you will see the hundred or so reasons why I like this idea. It has to do with all of the wake damage being caused to my dock and shoreline. My boat takes a beating at the dock when Joe Q. IDIOT cruises by in his 40 foot Yacht bow up plowing along sending up a 4 foot wall of water that crashes ashore.
However, I also subscribe to the "Be Careful What You Wish For" mentality. This will increase my commute time to the mainland by as much as 5 minutes if the NWZ is stretched out as long as it is proposed. The shorter NWZ may cause more harm than good for me as people will be coming off and going up on plane right in front of my house. Not a good thing. So could be a lose, lose, lose situation for me.
The bright spot could be increased recreation and swimming in front of the house.

Interesting for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post: